2a) Write about a place that you would like to share with others, and describe how it became significant to you.
I felt happiness and comfortness here. I was not able to feel it when I was in the unfamiliar place. All I felt now was none that I can feel there, as my parents were beside me always when I am here.
When I first came to the unfamiliar country, I actually felt quite happy that I won’t be controlled by my parents like a little kid as I am already an adult. Besides that, I was so excited because I got a scholarship here, means that everything was going to be alright. But, I was wrong. After a few months, core curriculum activities, homeworks, tests and projects start to load up. Stress was spurting up my head real fast. But I have no one to talk to. So, all my feelings were kept inside my head.
After such a long time being in an unfamiliar country, I felt relieve as holiday was drawing nearer. Pressure has always be a friend of mine here. Core curriculum activities, homeworks, tests and schooling never end. I was forced to work hard, strain myself in order to get good grades as I would not want my scholarship to be cancelled. I was so tired as I have to suffer from all these kinds of pressure. I miss my family too, due to strangers here. I cannot find a good target to express my feelings and thoughts to as my parents always listen to my thoughts and encourages me.
Finally, the day that I have been waiting for has arrived. I sat a long 9 hours trip of bus ride back. The landscape of the surroundings, the colour of the deep blue sky, the language, the buildings, everything, was giving me the feeling of familiar and comfortable. As I got down the bus, I was welcomed back by my parents. I was so lonely then, but now, all my worries are being thrown away from my thoughts. The only thing that I am thinking about now is happiness.
My parents were very caring, they offered me everything that I wanted as I was not able to accept the offer by my parents when I was in the unfamiliar country. They even talked to me even closer than before as parents and child have not met for 6 months. Although it is only 6 months, but it seemed like 10 years has passed. I was able to sense that love coming out from their heart as they were talking. Tears came out from my eye lids as my parents were talking. I tried to hide it from my parents as I do not want them to misunderstand that my crying was not sad but being touched.
I got to understand that all those nagging given by parents were for our own good. Although it might be irritating, but it is the best thing to make us be a better person. Finally, I realize that home is the warmest place as the saying ‘Home Sweet Home’.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment